Overlord 2011 venue change

R Cubed

Hi all thought you all better know due to our gradual expansion of the Overlord Show at Horndean we have changed location to a larger four field site in Denmead. Please note the DATES REMAIN THE SAME.

Address is The Lawns, Mead End, Denmead PO7 6TZ. For a more accurate location see the Google link below to where it is, the four fields are skirted by, Hambledon Road, Forest Road and Furzeley Road.

For any more information regarding the show.

Contact Details are :

Myrddin (Pronounced Mirvin ) Evans 01243-375 695

or go to

http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hulbert+Rd%2FB2150&daddr=Furzeley+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FehQCAMdMYTw_w%3BFSCcCAMdm8jv_w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=16&sll=50.895847,-1.062927&sspn=0.006212,0.021973&ie=UTF8&ll=50.894791,-1.059687&spn=0.006212,0.021973&t=h&z=16

img383r.jpg

Edited by R Cubed

Ah well, now that's a long time ago...... I think its about 2 or 3 miles can't really remember where the old field was exactly.But have been told it's regularly used for large car boot events throughout the year with no problems.

you can see the electric pylon in the field, on Google.

Yes I remember the pylons.

I was in my other Pig parked under the high voltage cables strung between them. I remember be awakened by the sound of lager leaking from a wooden box. I assumed a nail had pierced the can.

But there was no leak, I traced the source of this hissing sound. I noticed the end the cable going to the antenna mount had a one inch spark leaping to the chassis. Not too good as it was just above the fuel tank filler.

I pushed it away with something insulated & drove rather off rather rapidly. It was a rather damp weekend, I remember someone with a DUKW even got stuck. But anyway this was before the rains really came down. There were an alarming number of vehicles parked directly under these cables.

I spoke to everyone parked under the cables, starting with the vehicles with aerials for FRR purposes or for supporting flags. Nobody took any notice of my experience or seemed able to grasp the significance of where they had parked on a damp day with aerials sticking up.

They either didn't really believe me or they thought it was a ploy to steal their place with a response along the lines "I've been here since yesterday & I'm not moving for anyone".

I was at 'denmud' that year. I remember being knee deep in mud.

My mate had a scorpion and we were having a drive of it and someone came over and told us of for chewing up the ground.

Bearing in mind we were already knee deep in mud anyway!

Edited by rambo1969

I have been asked to emphasise the point by the show organisers to potential entrants who might not know the venue has changed location.

Not as a thread to discuss past show sites.

SO PLEASE NOTE THE 2011 OVERLORD SHOW WHICH WAS A HORNDEAN IS NOW AT THE

LAWNS OFF FOREST ROAD IN DENMEAD.

PLEASE SEE MY FIRST POST FOR ADDRESS AND GOOGLE LINK TO EXACT LOCATION ALSO CONTACT DETAILS FOR BOOKING IN.

THANKS VERY MUCH

I have been asked to emphasise the point by the show organisers to potential entrants who might not know the venue has changed location.

Not as a thread to discuss past show sites.

Well I'm sorry if I & my fellow posters have upset you & the show organisers. No offence was intended & I don't think anything derogatory was suggested. In fact quite the opposite, it showed that Overlord is a well established event in the area & that the new site will be an improvement on the previous site that was in the vicinity.

Had nobody posted any comments or questions then your single post would gradually be sinking down the pile into oblivion. I believe that the innocent banter that followed your initial post has helped to 'bump' the topic to the top of the pile which can only be good in promoting further publicity for the show & its new venue. The full details of which are always there right at the top of the thread.

There you are I've just 'bumped' your advertising to the top of the pile again. :-D:-D:-D

Well I'm sorry if I & my fellow posters have upset you & the show organisers. No offence was intended & I don't think anything derogatory was suggested. In fact quite the opposite, it showed that Overlord is a well established event in the area & that the new site will be an improvement on the previous site that was in the vicinity.

Had nobody posted any comments or questions then your single post would gradually be sinking down the pile into oblivion. I believe that the innocent banter that followed your initial post has helped to 'bump' the topic to the top of the pile which can only be good in promoting further publicity for the show & its new venue. The full details of which are always there right at the top of the thread.

There you are I've just 'bumped' your advertising to the top of the pile again. :-D:-D:-D

Thank you Clive! ;)

No Clive no offence at all just did not want the thread to get side tracked into other discussions like sometimes happens and for people to get confused as to where it now is, but you mentioning about bumping back to the top when someone posts is something I had not even given a thought so that might be the best way to keep it at the top so people see it. Thanks for the idea :cool2:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sadly we won,t be bringing any thing this year as every thing is being worked on but i will come down to have a look cos next year if its on we will bring possibly both transporters with something on them so will see if access is ok for the girder trailer with conq on

Drove past the site yesterday just getting the feel of the route. Coming from the west nice rural run through Bishops Waltham then Hambledon down to Denmead. Far easier to approach than the last site.

Yes I know its 'faster' via the motorway. But actually it isn't because the Pig doesn't go that much faster on a motorway. My road run is savouring the pleasure of Humbering in the countryside. Apart from the safety aspect of driving a vehicle that goes slower than other road users think you should be travelling, I can't put up with the aggro, rudeness, selfishness & stupidity from my fellow motorists. I know that the proportion of that behaviour may be the same on 'B' roads, but as I meet fewer motorists = less aggro:D